Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What have you learned, Dorothy?

Well ...

I've learned that just because you were born into a certain religion doesn't mean you have to follow it all the way to the end of your life.

I've also learned that almost every religion, when you get right down into the center of things, are very similar, because almost all of them are about getting right down to the center of things.

I've learned that there are good and decent and compassionate people who practice all types of religions, including "none of the above".

I've learned that assertions are not facts.

I've learned that there is so much more to learn that one lifetime just isn't enough. And that if there is indeed a god, he/she/it had better (a) be infinitely patient and (b) have a great sense of humor, because we're all going to screw things up. All of us.

And I've learned that I'm not the world's most consistent blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment